Sunday, August 30, 2009

El Mirage- East Brunswick

349 Lygon Street, East Brunswick

Since landing in Melbourne six years ago, eating all day breakfasts has been a pleasure in which I regularly indulge. I just love eating poached eggs at 3pm.

Like anyone who lives in Brunswick, it has come to my attention that the northern end of Lygon Street is where its at. Precisely, it is where El Mirage is at. Situated in an old automotive garage, to say that the interior is funky would be passe. It is sleek and modern, but inviting and comfortable.

This is not the first time I have been to to El Mirage, I have actually been here many times, and tried may of their dishes. The menu is short and simple. There are also some seasonal selections. I really like the emphasis on eating seasonal produce, this can be something you don't see a lot of in cafe's.

I ordered Eggs Gringo, featuring 2 poached on whole wheat toast, breakfast beans, home fries and bacon. The verdict. Yum.

Over all, stopping off here for breakfast is a great idea. The waitstaff are friendly, the food is top notch and the coffee is consistently amazing. The prices won't send you over budget either.

I would offer El Mirage 15/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment