Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ray

322 Victoria St
Brunswick


For me, reviewing Ray goes a bit like this "long time eater, first time reviewer". And to be honest, I'm not really sure were to start. Back in the day, I had no idea what the place was called, and referred to it as No Name Cafe for an embarrassingly long time.

Like any long term relationship, we have had our ups and downs. Sometimes I loved, it sometimes I hated it. Sometime I don't mind waiting for a table, sometimes I CBFed. Sometimes I don't mind having my coffee forgotten, sometimes I do. All that said though, today was a good day, we came late, and there were tables free.


The menu is as eclectic as the interior. I guess you could call it middle eastern infused cafe fare.  Today I chose the toasted roast pumpkin pide with olive paste, feta, pinenut and rocket and a latte. My sister had the poached eggs with mushroom and parmesan pesto and fresh OJ. The quality of the food is consistently good and very fresh. Meal portions are fair, and not overly huge.  




No comments:

Post a Comment